Música para os meus (seus) ouvidos.
Esse cara compilou 15 músicas que, pra ele, tem elementos do Velvet Underground e não existiriam se não fosse a banda. A seleção é bem boa.
The premise of “Songs In The Key Of V” was to compile a collection of tracks that I felt echoed elements of The Velvet Underground in a significant way. I’m not saying these songs could not have existed if The Velvet Underground had never appeared on planet Earth, though I doubt they would, but at the very least I think it’s quite probable that these songs, to greater and lesser degrees, were influenced, consciously or otherwise, by the music of The Velvet and/or the band’s individual members.
My criteria in choosing these particular tracks/artists was that they should have the feel, sound or attitude of the Velvets, either as a group or as solo artists. I wanted to detect an aura or infusion of the spirits, the distinct urban rhythm, drone and streetwise sensibility of Lou Reed, John Cale, Nico, Sterling Morrison, and Mo Tucker. And in these songs I do, some more clearly than others.
01. I’m Going Out Of My Way – Stereolab
02. Failures – Joy Division
03. Bad Vibrations – Black Angels
04. She Cracked – Modern Lovers
05. The Modern Age – The Strokes
06. Down 42nd St. To The Light – East River Pipe
07. Tell Me When It’s Over – Dream Syndicate
08. Blue Flower – Mazzy Star
09. Always The Sun – The Stranglers
10. Leif Erikson – Interpol
11. Hanging Out And Hung Up On The Line – Julian Cope
12. Looking For A Way In – Cornershop
13. Shine A Light – Wolf Parade
14. The Moon – Cat Power
15. Sleepin’ Around – Sonic Youth